ETSU Legacy Circle
The Legacy Circle is comprised of alumni and friends who have shown their support for the university and its students by making a planned or deferred gift to the ETSU Foundation. If you have included the ETSU Foundation in your estate plans through a planned gift then you qualify for Legacy Circle membership. Legacy Circle membership at ETSU does not require any continued obligations or dues, but simply allows ETSU to thank you and recognize you, if desired, for the plans you have made. Supporting ETSU in this manner may be an excellent way of benefiting your personal financial, estate, and tax planning while simultaneously advancing the vision of ETSU.Benefits of Membership
Membership provides assurance that that ETSU understands your goals set forth in your estate plans in an effort to ensure your intentions are fulfilled, along with the following benefits:
- All members receive a Legacy Circle lapel pin, certificate of membership, and vinyl decal
- All members receive invitation to the annual ETSU Legacy Circle luncheon
- All members will receive invitation to special events and seminars
Any of the following planned or deferred gifts will confer Legacy Circle membership:
- Bequest in a Last Will and Testament or trust
- Charitable gift annuity
- Charitable remainder trust (unitrust or annuity trust)
- Naming ETSU Foundation as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement account
- Deeding real estate while retaining a life estate
All planned gifts, of all values, will be recognized in the Legacy Circle.
Dual recognition to the ETSU Foundation Wall of Honor will be made accordingly for irrevocable planned gifts and paid up life insurance policies.